
We started at the entrance of Stanley Park having all the energy in the world.


Made our way to the totem poles doing pretty well despite the light sprinkle.

And I can't remember where this was taken but we were definitely still smiling.
Even before we hit the 5 mile mark we were still doing okay. But, to be perfectly honest I was sure glad we were almost at the end. Boy was I wrong! Someway somehow we got off track. We actually had at least another 5 miles to go! So, after hearing the bad news we took a short break, ate lunch, and hit the road once again.
Here we are taking one last picture right before heading over the bridge.

Then, to our surprise our bike ride came to an abrupt stop. Why is that you ask? Well..I was riding behind my 2 Pops while on the bridge and slowly but surely Mateo started leaning more and more to the right. At one point I thought he was going to completely fall out. I started yelling so Albert would stop. He did and what did he find? Little Pop fast asleep! How he fell asleep on the back of the bike who knows. But, it sure was too funny. Unfortunately, we were still a couple of miles away from the bike shop. So, we gave him a little sugar and Papa rode back as fast as he could.
Meanwhile, the 3 of us took a different route. And, with the luck we had that day we ended up on what must have been the busiest street in all of downtown Vancouver. It was so scary riding in the bike lane with buses stopping in front and cars rushing by on our left. I must have said a million prayers. Thankfully God answered those prayers and guided us back safely.
Oh what an adventure!
P.S. Although the end of the bike ride was really scary. It ranked only #2 on our list of "Scary Moments". #1 was hands down walking through the heart of Vancouver's Skid Row!
5 comments:
"#1 and #2 are all Thanks to Julius." is what Tiff and Lonnie would tell everyone. #1 I had no control over and #2 I had no control over. In the end it was an experience. We learned two things, well at least I did. One, I have more respect for people who ride bikes on busy streets or as their main form of transportation. Two, Skid Row is the same in Vancouver as it is in LA, not a place I want to be any time of the day. In the end, it was an experience that will make a great story for years to come. Vancouver, Eh!
great vibes guys!!!! mateo, nudge your papa w/ your helmet when falling asleep...that's what happens when lola gets sleepy on the harley !!! ..it surely will be more fun later...eh!!! take care..(noted,juls..eh?)
Haha... Tiff, i can imagine your nervousness seeing mateo teeter towards the right. That is scary and cute at the same time!
haha. what a fun vacay you guys had!
mateo always looks so cute too! i love how you dress him!
i love the video! it's so good to see you in action and hear your voices - like we're right there with you! we miss you guys! mateo was so cute when he waved at the camera - he is SO big now!
Post a Comment