Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Coast

After a long Saturday of running errands, doing laundry and other small projects around the house we decided to take it easy on Sunday. So, the three of us slept in. Mateo was the laziest out of all of us and was the last one to get out of bed at around 10. After that we packed up the car for the second time this weekend and drove out to the coast. We weren't planning on bringing him to the beach until our Hawaii trip in September but Papa really wanted to go surfing. So, Little Pop and I decided to tag along.

This is Papa checking out the waves at Cannon Beach.



But, no luck here. So, we headed a little further south to my all time favorite beach called Short Sands at Oswald West. It's my favorite for lots of reasons with one being because me and Albert stumbled upon this spot during one of our first weekends in Oregon. We were driving down the 101 freeway and saw a bunch of cars parked on the side of the road. People with surfboards were walking towards what looked like a forest with no beach in sight. So, we decided to pull over to see where everyone was headed. Boy were we surprised!

Me and Little Pop stopped and posed for a picture during our hike down to the beach with the creek below us.



Now, can you see why I love this place so much!



It kinda reminds me of "The Goonies". Maybe that's because it was filmed not too far from here!

Mateo waiting patiently for Papa to come back from surfing so that we can play in the water.



Yeah, he's back!



And now it's time to play.








Little Pop had so much fun on his first trip to the beach. He forgot all about his afternoon nap and finally fell asleep on the way back up to the car.



Till next time...

5 comments:

Gen said...

ah "Little Pop" I like that nickname. Well I well definitely agree with you, that place is very nice. I can't wait for Sabrina to see the beach and see Little Pop.

John&Lauren Manalili said...

Yeah!!!

Rubyellen said...

Finally!!! See one day you can look back and see all these memories...and we can see what is going on with you guys!!! I see you are getting used to the camera!!! I love the pics, so cute!!!

lolapearl said...

those beaches amongst the trees look familiar...'passed by cannon beach on the 101 during our bike ride of 2005....'those edible berries shld.just be by the roadside....very sweet!!!!try some!

Unknown said...

Cool blog! Mateo is growing up fast! Hope all is well in Niketown.

- The Calomays