Monday, September 15, 2008

A water filled weekend

It's rare for us Oregonians to play in water the mid of September. That's because the mid of September usually means Fall is upon us, the weather is cooler and the rain starts to come if it hasn't come already. But this past couple of weeks we've been blessed with beautiful summer weather. So, Mateo was lucky enough to wear his board shorts not only once but two times during this past water filled weekend!

Saturday we hung out in downtown Beaverton. Mama and Mateo perused the farmer's market for a bit, enjoyed lunch at the park, and spent the rest of the afternoon playing in the water fountain. Where was Papa you ask? Well...Papa was with his pride and joy (otherwise known as "The Jetta") stuck on the side of the road with all it's ghettoness. But, I guess I'll leave that part of the story for Papa to tell. Haha.

It was so funny to watch Mateo at the water fountain. At first, he would run right up to the edge of the fountain, stand still, and just watch.


Then, he would turn around and run back screaming at the top of his lungs as if the water were right on his tails chasing him.


Sunday it was the same thing. We were at Seaside enjoying the delightful weather. Him and Papa would walk up to the water slowly but surely.


Then, before we knew it, Mateo was running wildly in the opposite direction going as fast as his little tiny feet could take him.


I guess I can't blame him here because the water was a tad frigid. So, the rest of the time him and Sophia spent playing in the sand.


How sad I will be to see the sun go. But, the good news is that Fall is just around the corner and it happens to be my favorite time of year!

2 comments:

lolapearl said...

.....memories, mateo...the fountain and us...spelled the rainbow....remember? our jaunt in the park after the flea market find in july....'miss you...

Leoniquin said...

What a joy to see Mateo having fun in the water. I can just imagine how fast he was runnning and screaming at the top of his lungs. No doubt, your perfect pictures seized the precious moments.