Thursday, September 6, 2007

First Thursday

Every first Thursday of the month Northwest Portland is the place to be. Galleries, restaurants, and shops are all open late. So, everyone is out and about enjoying the sites and sounds of Portland at night. During the summers, vendors are out selling their handmade crafts including everything from paintings, jewelry, clothes, to anything else you can think of. It reminds me of all you crafty mamas out there. You can definitely sell your treasures here.



After exploring the crafts, mama and papa treated themselves to Cupcake Jones. We ended up walking out with one dozen minis and I have no doubt that they'll be gone soon enough. Sorry Little Pop...you'll be able to eat with us one of these days. I promise!



Our final stop was a photography exhibit. I forget the guy's name but he's famous for his skate photos. We actually went to another one of his shows when Mateo was just 1 month old. He is a very talented dude.

We love First Thursday and even though Mateo is still very young we're so blessed that he's able to experience so many different things here in our little city called Portland.

2 comments:

krissamartinez said...

Tiff!! I wanna go back! I wish I could have been there with you guys for First Thursday...and for the cupcakes. what flavors did they have this time??

that's it, i'm moving there.

Gen said...

oh that seems like a really cool place to go! maybe when we go there to visit we should try to hit that day! =)