Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Saturday Like Back Home

Today reminded me of a Saturday like back home. Our day was filled with things to do and people to see.

It started off early in the morning with a little bit of basketball.





Papa entered himself into a 3 point contest with the Filipino league he played with this past summer. Although he didn't win he did make it to the 2nd round only missing the 3rd by just a few points. He said he was gonna practice everyday so that next year he'll be ready. I guess that means I gotta start clearing a place for his soon to be trophy. During the entire contest, Mateo sat quietly in his stroller watching every move. He already seems to love the game just like his papa.


After basketball we stopped for a quick bite to eat.



To our surprise we found the best Thai food in Portland and you'll never guess the name of the place. It's called "Thai BBQ" just like back home. Funny isn't it? Too bad it's pretty far from our house. But, now we have something to look forward to next year when Papa's league starts up again.

Gotta love the fried food!



After eating we stopped in The Pearl to pick up yet another dozen minis from Cupcake Jones. But, don't worry, this time they weren't for us. They were a gift for Zach, the birthday celebrant. At the Bromert house we watched football while Mateo, Andrew, and Bailey (their dog) played. Little Pop seems to absolutely adore dogs and maybe that means we'll have to get one soon.

Our last stop of the day was Uncle Todd's wedding shower. It took place in the West Hills at a house built in 1918 owned by his parents' really close friends. The house was absolutely gorgeous and the shower was perfect for the soon to be married couple. We couldn't be more happy for Megan and Todd. They are truly an awesome couple who are in love with each other but more importantly in love with the Lord. We pray that God continues to bless them as they begin the rest of their lives together.

2 comments:

Gen said...

Mateo is growing up so fast, and I can't believe you are still writing in this...haha. Praise the Lord for how He is growing your family and growing you as a mommy. I surely do miss our meetings at your house before out little ones came but I praise God how He has been using Portland to show you His glory. Oh I need to talk to you so hopefully I'll see you on line!

lolaquin said...

Should we buy some Lakers ticket for Christmas now? I can not wait to see my little Kobe wear his gold and purple uniform. It will be a blast!