After 6 long months of trying to get the boys together due to their busy little traveling schedules, Mateo and Eliaz finally met. We took advantage of the perfect summer Portland night and ate dinner out on the Renard's patio. Several of the dishes had fresh veggies and fruits picked from their very own backyard. Who knows...maybe one day I can do the same. (Albert, if you're reading this, stop laughing! I said MAYBE.) Right after dinner Little Eliaz went to bed and the rest of the time we enjoyed catching up and sharing stories of parenthood. Mateo kept himself entertained with toys and Lu (their giant bear looking dog). It was good times.

Saturday...
We headed to the "Players" bowling alley to meet the Miguel's. This bowling alley is like no other one I've been to. It felt like we were bowling in someone's living room with coffee tables and big comfy leather couches that the kids loved climbing all over.

After bowling we played a few arcade games. Mama may have found her favorite of all time...Deal or No Deal! 150 tickets in the first game. Now I for sure need to sign up for the real thing.

Sunday...
After church we wanted to enjoy the great outdoors and every ray of sunlight while we can. So, we headed to The Pearl. This used to be our old neighborhood before we moved out to Beaverton. Papa and Mama lived in a 1 bedroom apartment on the corner of 11th and Marshall. We loved being able to walk to restaurants, parks, and downtown. So, needless to say we always come back. We took Little Pop to Jamison Park otherwise called The Beach. We call it The Beach because it's a park in the middle of the city that has a huge fountain where kids run around in their bathing suits and play in the water. I'm sure he'll love this place more and more as he gets older.


Loving the art.

After playing at the park we walked around the city.


"Crying It Out Update" - For the past couple days now, Mateo cries only when we leave. But, as soon as we turn the monitor on in the other room he is already sleeping. Now, we just have to work on him sleeping through the night. Thank you for all your prayers!
4 comments:
Hey guys!! Great pictures! Mateo is getting so big!! wow...he's a little boy already and no longer a baby...I praise God for His work in your family. May you continue to see His face and love Him more. I miss you guys and I'm sorry I missed the Sea World trip..booo... Hope to see you guys real soon!
- Agua Caliente
looks like u guys had fun! and good to hear about teo and crying it out!!!
ah praise God for the answered prayer about the whole crying out! Also mateo is growing up so fast it's crazy, when are you going to be down here again, after or before Sabrina is born? Well maybe one day we can visit you up there...
Looks like Mateo is having fun. Spending quality time with him is priceless!!. Although we miss you all so much, I believe you have chosen the ideal place to raise a family. You are blessed. Love and miss you all. See you in Hawaii in two weeks.
Post a Comment